Daily Pilates Pose 5: Rolling Like A Ball
1. Sit toward the front of your mat with your knees bent into your chest. Grab your ankles with your hands.
2. Open your knees slightly, and lift your feet off the mat until you are balancing on your tailbone. Tuck your chin into your chest.
3. Initiate the movement by sinking your navel deep into your spine and falling backward.
4. Roll back onto your shoulder blades, and immediately return to the starting position.
5. As you roll forward, balance on your tailbone and keep your feet off the mat.
6. Complete 5-6 repetitions.
Remember to keep your chin tucked into your chest throughout the exercise. Do not roll onto your neck.