Daily Pilates Pose 8: Single Straight Leg Stretch
1. Lie on your back and pull both legs into your chest, elbows extended and head lifted.
2. Extend your right leg up to the ceiling and grab your ankle with both hands as you extend your left leg long in front of you, keeping it slightly above the mat.
3. Inhale and pull your raised leg in toward your head with a double bounce.
4. Exhale and quickly switch legs by scissoring them past each other.
5. Grab the ankle of your left leg and repeat the motion.
6. Complete 5-10 repetitions.
Be careful to not hunch your shoulders during this exercise. Stay lifted and use your abdominals to hold the weight of your legs.