Daily Pilates Pose 12: Open Leg Rocker
1. Sit toward the front of your mat with your knees bent in toward your chest. Open your knees to shoulder width and take hold of your ankles.
2. Lean back until you are balancing on your tailbone with your feet off the floor.
3. Straighten both legs toward the ceiling in an open V position and balance.
4. To initiate the rocking, inhale, pressing your navel to your spine, and bring your chin to your chest.
5. Roll back to the bottom of your shoulder blades, remaining in your V position, exhale to roll back up.
6. Complete 6 repetitions. End by balancing.
Remember to keep your chin tucked into your chest throughout the exercise. Use your abdominal muscles to initiate the movement, not your neck and head.