Daily Pilates Pose 17: Double Leg Kicks
1. Lie on your stomach with your face resting to one side. Clasp your hands behind you and place them as high up on your back as you can, while still being able to touch the mat with the fronts of your shoulders and elbows.
2. Kick both heels towards your bottom three times.
3. As you extend your legs down toward the mat, exhale and stretch your arms back to follow them, bringing your upper back off the mat into an arched position.
4. Keep your legs and feet pressing down into the mat as you press your shoulder blades together and lengthen your spine.
5. Return your upper body to the mat, and turn your face to the other side, bringing your hands and heels back to the starting position.
6. Complete 3 repetitions. End by sitting on your heels to release your lower back.
Make sure you are pulling your abdominals up towards your spine as you stretch. If you feel any pain in your back, stop and sit back on your heels.