Daily Pilates Pose 21: Shoulder Bridge
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent, hips width apart, and the soles of your feet planted firmly on the mat.
2. Squeeze your buttocks up off the mat and and raise your hips until you are able to place a hand under the back of each hip. Your elbows should be directly under your hands, fingers facing outward.
3. Stretch one leg out long in front of you and kick it up to the ceiling. Flex your foot at its highest point and, exhaling, lower your leg, stretching out long again.
4. Complete 3-5 kicks then return your foot to the original position. Repeat the sequence with your other leg.
Kick only to the highest point you can manage without dropping your back. If you have back, knee, wrist, or elbow injuries, you may want to skip this exercise.
- mollydolly10 reblogged this from iwillrunforfood and added:
- iwillrunforfood posted this