Daily Pilates Pose 25: Teasers
Teaser (Preparation 1)
1. Lie on your back and place the soles of your feet flat on the mat with your knees and thighs squeezing together.
2. Reach your arms back overhead and stretch your fingertips to the back wall. Maintain a flat back while engaging your core.
3. Bring your arms forward and allow your head and upper body to begin following them forward and up.
4. Inhaling, roll up to where your abdominals are still engaged and hold yourself there for a count of three.
5. As you exhale, begin rolling your spine back down.
6. When the back of your head touches the mat, begin reaching your arms back over your head and stretch your fingertips to the wall.
7. Repeat this sequence 3 times and then go on to Teaser Preparation 2.
Teaser (Preparation 2)
1. Lie on your back, remaining in the position of Teaser Preparation 1.
2. Straighten one leg up to a forty-five-degree angle from the floor and press it against your other knee. Turn out slightly from the hip.
3. Repeat the same sequence as in Teaser Preparation 1 without allowing your knees to come apart.
4. Repeat 2-3 times on each leg. End by pulling your knees into your chest to release your back.
1.Lie on your back with both legs straight to the ceiling.
2. Stretch your arms overhead while maintaining a flat back.
3. Lower your legs to a forty-five-degree angle.
4. Inhale and bring your arms from over your head to reach toward your toes.
5. Allow your body to reach toward your feet by bringing your chin to your chest and peeling your upper body off the mat.
6. Hold that V position, balancing on your tailbone, as you exhale, begin rolling your spine back down to the mat.
7. When your head has touched down on the mat, stretch your arms out long overhead and repeat the sequence.
8. Repeat the sequence 3 times and end sitting with your feet flat against the mat.
Make sure you are turned out slightly at the hip and thigh, to engage the muscles of the inner thigh, hips, and buttocks.