Daily Pilates Pose 32: The Boomerang
1. Sit tall with straight legs and cross your right ankle over your left. Press your hands into the mat on either side of your body to help lift you out of your hips.
2. Inhale and roll back until your legs are overhead. Do not roll onto your neck.
3. Hold this position steady, exhaling as you open and close your legs in a snapping motion, recrossing your ankles, now with left over right.
4. Inhale and roll up into your V position, bringing your arms forward to your toes.
5. Balancing in this position, bring your arms down and around to the sides of your body, clasping them together behind your back and stretching them away from your torso.
6. Slowly, and with great control, exhale and begin leaning forward until your legs touch the mat and your nose is on your knees in a deep bow.
7. Keeping your arms lifted behind you, gently unclasp your hands and circle them forward to your toes.
8. Complete 2 sets, switching ankles each time.
Initiate from your core, keeping your body stiff so your movements do not get sloppy.
- iwillrunforfood posted this