Daily Pilates Pose 34: Push-Ups
1. Stand at the back of your mat with your feet together and slightly turned out.
2. Exhale and walk your hands down the front of your legs until your palms are pressing into the mat.
3. Inhale and walk your hands out on the mat until your hands are directly under your shoulders.
4. Exhale and lower your hips until they are in line with the rest of your body.
5. Perform three push-ups by bending and straightening your arms with your elbows held tightly to your sides.
6. On your last push-up, fold in your center, bringing your chest toward your legs. Exhale as you press your palms and heels firmly into the mat and pull your navel up to your spine for a complete stretch.
7. Inhale as you walk your hands back toward your feet.
8. Exhale and roll back up to a standing position.
9. Repeat the sequence 3 times.
Do not allow your middle to drop, as that will place most of your body’s weight onto your shoulders.