I ran 10.21 miles today in 1:50:54. Average pace 10:55. Calories burned 1,315.
I met my training partner this morning with the plan of doing an hour long Skyrobics class, followed by a 10-11 mile run. We got to Skyrobics only to find out the class had been canceled. So we headed to the lakes for our run.
All went well until about mile 9. That’s when the wheels started to come off a little for both of us. Lot’s of aches and pains. Plus we were running into the wind which just adds an unnecessary layer of suck. We got so delirious towards the end that we started singing Queen’s Fat Bottom Girls to take our minds off our bodies. That said, we finished strong.
We treated ourselves by stopping at the Running Run to stock-up on Gu and then went next door to my favorite coffee shop, Uncommon Grounds for a skim chai.
In the last 7 days I have run 50 miles with only 1 rest day. I am fatigued. So I did a nice little ice bath, followed by a very hot shower! I’m going to spend some time doing Yoga, stretching and using the foam roller. I’m really looking forward to a massage tonight. I desperately need it.
My husband and i are going up north tomorrow for a few days. We plan to snowshoe, cross country ski, and relax. I am really looking forward to 2 consecutive days off from running. I will be back at it on Thursday. 10 mile race this weekend, half marathon next weekend!
- irun2eatpizza likes this
- irun2eatpizza said: Wow 50 miles in one week! That is a huge accomplishment. You definitely need a day or two off. For long runs try running your first mile 2 miles slower than normal and the second mile 1 minute slower. Normally I use this approach.
- jordangetsfast said: We should get together and run long together. :) I love your route and we’re about at the same pace!
- a-burning-in-my-soul likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- robbsrunning likes this
- iwillrunforfood posted this