Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili
From Cooking Light
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
2 red bell peppers
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 cups organic vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place pepper halves in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop peppers.
3. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cumin and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers, broth, squash, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans; simmer 25 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions.
CALORIES: 264 ( from fat) FAT: 8.3 g (sat: 1.2 g, mono: 5.2 g, poly: 1.3 g) CARBOHYDRATE: 40.9 g FIBER: 10.7 g CALCIUM: 145 mg CHOLESTEROL: 0.0 mg IRON: 4.4 mg PROTEIN: 9.5 g SODIUM: 689 mg
- angelameds likes this
- ekf likes this
- jordangetsfast said: Did you take this picture? Seriously. How does your food always look so freaking delicious when mine looks like vomit. I need food prep lessons. Stat.
- jordangetsfast likes this
- reinventingaimee likes this
- barefooting-monks reblogged this from iwillrunforfood and added:
- barefooting-monks likes this
- swoleby reblogged this from iwillrunforfood
- shlebyc likes this
- phoenix-fires reblogged this from iwillrunforfood and added:
- iwillrunforfood posted this