Couscous Stuffed Portobello Caps
1/4 cup shelled edamame
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup couscous
4 large portobello mushroom caps
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
3/4 cup dried apricot halves, cut into thin strips
4 oz crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1. Cook edamame according to package directions.
2.Combine orange juice, water, and cumin in a medium pot and bring to a boil; stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. meanwhile, coat the grill rack with cooking spray (I used my George Foreman grill); heat the grill to medium. Brush mushroom caps on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes a side, or until just tender; set aside.
4. Fluff couscous with fork and stir in remaining oil, edamame, parsley, apricots, and feta. Coat the inside of a 1 cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Pack it 3/4 full with couscous mixture. Invert measuring cup over cap and tap to release couscous; pat mound gently to help hold its shape. Repeat with remaining caps.
- kahvii likes this
- notovernight said: That looks ridiculously delicious
- notovernight likes this
- littlemissyoullgofar reblogged this from iwillrunforfood and added:
- littlemissyoullgofar likes this
- actv4lyf said: Sweet! I just bought some caps! Looks yummy umm
- actv4lyf likes this
- jessicaellingson likes this
- sateliteheartmind reblogged this from iwillrunforfood
- iwillrunforfood posted this