Here are some words of wisdom from my Team in Training coach. I thought everyone who is currently marathon training could benefit from them.
The middle is tough. We have a long way to go and a lot of miles to put in. It doesn’t feel like we’re “almost there” yet. My suggestion at this time is to keep your focus on the end result. Each workout takes you one step closer to your goal in October. When you have the urge to sleep in or take a day off, this is the time to ask yourself “will I regret that in Chicago?”. Take things one day at a time, but with every workout being another step up a long flight of stairs, your goal race being at the top. You want to keep moving upward now. And just like climbing a hill, you want to look to the top and focus on getting there, rather than looking down at your feet and dwelling on where you are now.
Keep on pushing and keep on fighting these next few weeks and then we’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Coach Joe English Team in Training Flex
- dadoorunrunrun likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- katesnewlife likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- jordangetsfast likes this
- sarasey reblogged this from iwillrunforfood
- ohdarlingiloveyouso likes this
- hungryrunner likes this
- reinventingaimee likes this
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- bleeding-sparkles likes this
- runningtowardshappyness likes this
- iwillrunforfood posted this