Today I ran 1 mile. One single, solitary, lonely little mile. It got me thinking. When was the last time I only ran 1 mile? I would guess that other than when injured, it’s been years. I haven’t forgotten how exciting it was to be able to run 1 mile for the first time. But, after almost 3 years of training for something, 1 mile feels like such a failure. I know I should be thankful that I am healthy enough to run at all. There are so many who are not as fortunate as I. But when the training plan says 6 and I can only pull out one, it doesn’t feel good.
So here is how I’m going to deal with this. I’m going to chalk this up as a bad day and move on. I will focus on the positives so I don’t get into a bad place in my head:
1. This is the first run I’ve bonked during marathon training.
2. I can and will make up the mileage on a different day.
3. I have been able to continue running pretty normally, even though my body is expanding and changing daily.
12 mile long run tomorrow. Listen up body, I’ve got this.
- victoriafindslife likes this
- nowforthefunpart likes this
- actv4lyf likes this
- katie-girl-wanders likes this
- jordangetsfast said: I’m proud of you. No matter what comes your way, you just keep trucking. Lately I’ve been struggling to get out the door at all. Usually I think: Pregnant Heather ran four fricken miles today, I can run a few. Xoxo
- jordangetsfast likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- trivialbob said: Some days it’s just not going to work. That’s what all the other training days are for. Put it out if mind and enjoy the rest of this nice day.
- runlikethunder likes this
- irun2eatpizza said: Good luck tomorrow.
- irun2eatpizza likes this
- maximummuskeg said: I think you have to go with it. A mile run is a lot better than nothing. Are your expectations too high?
- losingitall likes this
- kevsfatfight likes this
- joshbuildshealth said: You totally got this! One step at a time…
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- rfgr-26 likes this
- iwillrunforfood posted this