About a month ago, a half marathon went right past our house. It was in support of the local nature center in our town. It is only about a mile from where we live. So today, Little Mister and I finally went to check it out.
I am so glad we did. This place is amazing! So quiet and beautiful. The trails are all dirt. No roots, very few rocks. Absolutely perfect for running. The terrain was a little too bumpy to run over with the stroller, so today we walked. I can’t wait to come back and run. 95% of the perimeter trail was shaded so it will be great on hot, sunny days.
I’ve said it before, but I am so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place where outdoor spaces are so well taken care of and trails are so abundant!
We walked 3.31 miles in just over an hour.
- rachaelfightsback said: Holy gorgeous!!!!
- jyotidhaliwal reblogged this from iwillrunforfood
- jyotidhaliwal likes this
- pascal73 likes this
- hopetherunner likes this
- tumblingoffthecouch likes this
- sarina-marie-health-y likes this
- kat-rd2be likes this
- jordan-gets-fast likes this
- trivialbob likes this
- temporarytransplant likes this
- losingitall likes this
- weightandwit likes this
- yourfateyourfun likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- shufflingalong likes this
- racingtheghosts likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- shortmom likes this
- westcoastrunner likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- beans28 likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- goingnowhereforfun said: Urban Wildland Half. I ran that a couple of years ago on a horribly humid morning. I picked it specifically because it goes right past my Grandma’s house by Richfield Lake Park. Wood Lake Nature Center is a great little spot.
- kickinupthepace likes this
- kickinupthepace said: What local nature center?
- ekf likes this
- seestephyrun likes this
- runningforbiscuits likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- runningfortheriesling likes this
- iwillrunforfood posted this