My goal today was to do a warm up, push myself a little for 2 miles and then cool down. It went pretty well. I felt relaxed until the very end of mile 3. That’s when it started to get tough.
3.52 miles in 30:00. Average pace 8:31.
I have started contemplating my race schedule for 2014. I was initially going to keep it light and on the easier side, but a conversation with my husband has caused me to rethink that plan. We are starting to discuss baby number two. Ideally I would like to wait at least two more years (Little Mister is almost 9 months old), but I am not getting any younger, so sooner is better. The way I look at it, I am giving myself 2014 to kick ass, run all the races that I want to run. Get back into amazing shape and push myself really hard, so that my body is in peak form going into another pregnancy.
I ran a race per month in 2012 and I loved it, so that may be the goal again. My presence has been requested in Indiana, so that will probably be the location of my out of state race for the year.
Some of these races don’t have confirmed dates for 2014 yet, but here is what I am contemplating by month:
Polar Dash 5k 1/1/14
Valentine’s Day 5k 2/8/14
Get Lucky 7k 3/15/14
Hot Chocolate 15k 4/19/14
Minneapolis Recycle Run 5k 4/21/14
Get in Gear 10k 4/25/14
Indy Mini Marathon 13.1 5/3/14
Flying Pig Marathon 13.1 5/4/14
TC 1 Mile
Minneapolis Marathon Relay 6/1/14
Grandma’s Marathon 13.1 6/21/14
Red, White & Boom 13.1 7/4/14
Urban Wildland Half Marathon 13.1
Ragnar Relay Great River 8/15-8/16 ( I’m looking at you Canada, Indiana, New Jersey and Minnesota. Get on my team!)
City of Lakes 25k 9/7/14
Mill City Suds Run 5k 9/13/14
Twin Cities Marathon 26.2 or 10 mile 10/5/14
Monster Dash 13.1
Turkey Trot 5k
Reindeer Run 5k
- paulcorgan likes this
- rachaelfightsback said: I volunteered at the Hot Chocolate 15k here and it was awesome! Also, I definitely want to do Grandma’s Marathon or TC depending on if I can make it work!!
- pascal73 likes this
- runningtofitinmypants likes this
- shufflingalong likes this
- nowforthefunpart likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- thefuturereynolds likes this
- iamrunner said: Sheila and I are in for Get Lucky! Awesome goals!
- whitneyrunson likes this
- two-o-nine likes this
- two-o-nine said: I’m in for Ragnar as your Canadian rep!
- katiegirlchasesinfinity said: YAY!!!! This is awesome :) i think I’m going to do get lucky and hot chocolate too :)
- katiegirlchasesinfinity likes this
- fivefootsomethingrunning likes this
- runningwithpump said: Mini!!!
- runningwithpump likes this
- snap-eat-love likes this
- runningmyownrace said: I will be doing some of those same races— hope to see you!
- allmustbewell likes this
- hopetherunner likes this
- becky-balances said: I’d be up for Ragnar, possibly! Also maybe a couple of others depending on how training goes :)
- becky-balances likes this
- tamicakay likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- kat-rd2be likes this
- bibbermanblack likes this
- trainingbarefoot likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- kickinupthepace said: I would do Ragnar!
- kickinupthepace likes this
- sarina-marie-health-y said: and I also wish I could 1 race/ month. Too costly though! Wah.
- sarahspeaksnow said: You are going to kick so much behind!!!!
- sarahspeaksnow likes this
- almondsofjoy said: I would do Ragnar with you!!
- almondsofjoy likes this
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- racingtheghosts likes this
- sabbyrunsatl said: I am so impressed with you.
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- katebikerun likes this
- snapthistiger said: nice running today and great schedule for next year..
- trivialbob said: Sub 8!
- snapthistiger likes this
- iwatchtheworldoutside said: Gosh I can’t even imagine number 2. Baby 1 keeps me busy enough!
- littlemissyoullgofar likes this
- iwillrunforfood posted this