I didn’t get my butt out the door early enough this morning to avoid the intense heat, so dreadmill in the afternoon it was. Sometimes going to the gym really grates on my nerves. Here are my top gym pet peeves:
1) People who walk up to the door, scan their membership card and then leave without working out. In this state certain health insurance providers will pay for a good portion of your gym membership as long as you work out X amount of times per month. The woman I watched do this today scanned her card 4 times. Really? Just cancel your membership if you’re not going to use it.
2) People who forget their card and then pound on the window, expecting me to get off the treadmill and let them in. I do, but I just think it’s rude to expect a stranger to stop their workout and open the door because you can’t remember your card. This happened twice today. TWICE!
3) People who turn the TV on full blast and then go workout on the other side of the gym.
4) People who don’t wipe down their cardio machines after a workout.
5) Being gassy while at the gym. When you’re outside and alone, it’s OK to let it fly. Inside, not so much. I had to get off the treadmill three times today to go to the bathroom, just so an embarrassing situation didn’t ensue. Ugh!